TNTY has 3 manufacturing plants with a total area of 100.000 sqm. In these high capacity plants, TNTY manufactures all of its fiberglass products according to the highest industry standards. From concept to completion, we enforce strict quality control standards. We ensure that you are receiving the finest quality product every time. At TNTY, we use only the highest quality raw materials when constructing our products. Our manufacturing plants utilize the most advanced manufacturing equipment and procedures.
Production Process / Models - Mould Production
With a history of 48 years in composites sector, we are proud to say that we are experts in model and mold production. Fiberglass patterns can be either hand built or CNC machined (computer numerically controlled). CNC Router provides automated milling and fabrication of three dimensional objects. Our staff of highly skilled pattern, master and mold makers ensures the highest quality finished product to meet challenging customer requirements all over the World. We always use the most updated tooling system.
Production Process / Mould Preparation and Painting
We have accumulated 48 years understanding fiberglass manufacturing process and production methods. Backed by 38 years of research and development, we use only the best performance mold release agents just before our molds are taken into lamination and gel cot application phases. The most appropriate and best quality gel coat is then applied by either brush or spray machine.
Production Methods – Hand Lay Up
Hand lay-up is the simplest and oldest open molding method of the composite fabrication processes. It is a low volume, labor intensive method suited especially for large components.Since we have been involved in the composites industry in 1976, we are using hand lay-up method. Although the percentage of our hand lay up production is now constituting a very little portion of our whole production, we are still using this technology in some production of products. We have thousands of molds and we are adding up hundreds of them each year. Taking into consideration the tooling system in mold production, hand lay up still proves itself to be of best quality.
Production Methods – Spray Up
Spray-up is another open mold method that can produce complex parts. Chopped fiberglass reinforcement and catalyzed resin are deposited on the mold surface from a combination chopper/spray gun. Rollers or squeegees are used to manually remove entrapped air and work the resin into the reinforcements. Woven fabric or woven roving is often added in specific areas for greater strength. As in hand lay-up, gel coats are used to produce a high quality colored part surface. Spray-up is one of the production methods that we use. If the product ordered is of huge volume and needs fast lamination, we apply spray-up. We are using this method less and less every year due to the advantageous RTM production.
Production Methods – Vacuum Infusion
Vacuum infusion, also called resin infusion, utilizes a vacuum bag to debulk or compact a parts complete laminate ply schedule of reinforcements and or core materials laid onto the mold. Typical resins used are polyester, vinyl ester, and epoxy with many being UV cure initiated. This process can routinely produce large parts bigger than 6m2 such as big waterslide components. This processes added benefits include getting stronger products but light at the same time by using multi axiel mats. It creates a clean, worker friendly environment. It is clear that we will be using this method more and more in our production.
Production Methods – Sanding – Painting - Ovendry
If our products, both fiberglass and steel parts, will be of post painting, these products are getting through sanding process first in our facilities. After painting, the products are cured in an oven.
All steel construction in our projects are designed and engineered by our in-house professional engineers. The production of this steel- hot dipped galvanized-is also undertaken in-house by our experienced team. We export our steel all around the Globe and the steel we produce is installed either by our supervisors or our partners.
Production Methods – RTM
Resin transfer molding (RTM) is a low pressure closed molding process for moderate volume production quantities, filling the gap between the slow, contact molding processes and the faster, compression molding process, which requires higher tooling costs. Advantages over contact molding methods are a uniform thickness, two finished sides and low emissions. For optimum surface finish, a gel coat would be applied to the mold surface prior to molding. High quality parts are being produced by this method. TNTY has been a pioneer in the advancementand application of the Light RTM process. Since 2006, we have converted to Light RTM on 100% of our annual fiberglass production. Closed mould fabrication through RTM offers a number of advantages:
- We and eventually our clients obtain products with shining/smooth internal and external surfaces. Therefore the slides are aesthetically far superior than the ones obtained from open moulded processes.
- The raw material used in RTM products, that are multiaxialfibres (multiaxialmat), are far more strong than those (chopped strand mat and roving)used in Hand Lay Up and Spray Up methods. - The waterslides by RTM manufacturing is stronger and lighter. Compared to the open moulded processes, we are able to obtain far more homogeneous thickness distribution.
- RTM production offers important environmental advantages. It offers a cleaner environment since the styrene emission is much lower than the other 2 methods. Plus, physical waste is much less than the conventional methods. These facts are very important for a company like TNTY feeling environmental responsibility.
- We obtain a visually superior product.
- The brightness and smoothness of the external surface facilitate its usage. Since the surface is smooth, it doesn’t get dirty quickly and is easier to wipe. Now it is much easier to keep the slides clean.
- To sum up, we obtain superior waterslides both aesthetically and physically in less time and with less waste. TNTY is the first European waterslide manufacturer that uses RTM technology in waterslide production and TNTY is the single waterslide manufacturer in the World that produces World’s largest waterslide components using RTM technology.